Welcome to My Twin Motor

We generally sell our vehicles with all the inspections done. We do the CHP inspection, smog and brake and light inspection for you. However for those of you that need help with the process, please see below.


Revived Salvage Vehicle


A revived salvage vehicle is one that was reported to the California Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) by the

owner or insurance company as a total loss and has been restored to operational condition Re-registration of

Total Loss Salvage Vehicles


 Application - You must submit an Application for Title or Registration (REG 343) signed by all listed owners.

 Evidence of Ownership - To prove your ownership of the vehicle, you must have one of the following:


  • The Salvage Certificate endorsed for transfer to your name.


NOTE: If the Salvage Certificate is missing, the insurance company or person who applied for the original must complete an Application for Salvage Certificate or Non repairable Vehicle Certificate (REG 488C) and a Statement of Facts (REG 256), which describes the vehicle and certifies to the disposition of the original Salvage Certificate.


  • Bills of Sale as needed to complete the chain of vehicle ownership.


Vehicle Inspection - Revived salvage vehicles must be inspected by the California DMV or the California Highway Patrol (CHP) before DMV can issue title and registration. When the CHP does an inspection, you must bring the bills of sale and proof of ownership (previously discussed) to the inspection appointment for review by the inspection officer.


NOTE: Vehicles being presented for inspection that were originally manufactured with a supplemental restraint system (air bags) need to be equipped with air bags in good working order, which meet applicable federal motor vehicle safety standards and conform to the manufacturer’s specifications for that vehicle.


CHP conducts inspections by appointment only. You must contact the CHP for an appointment. The CHP addresses and appointment telephone numbers are listed below. 323-644-9593


Brake and Light Inspection Certificates - Check the yellow pages of your telephone directory or business guide for California state-licensed brake and light inspection stations. The certificates indicating your vehicle has passed California brake and light inspections are required for registration.


Exception: When a California official brake and light station that inspects specific vehicles, such as motorcycles or large commercial vehicles is not located within a reasonable distance, the California DMV will accept a Statement of Facts (REG 256) from a California repair shop attesting that the brakes and lights are in proper working order.


NOTE: California does not recognize out-of-state certifications for revived salvage vehicles.


Smog Certification (for vehicles built prior to 2004 only)

Smog certification from an official smog inspection station is required unless your vehicle is:


  • Hybrid
  • 1975 year model or older
  • Diesel powered
  • Electric
  • Natural gas powered and has a Gross Vehicle Weight rating of more than 14,000 lbs.
  • Motorcycle
  • Trailer


If your vehicle was reported as a total loss, and you are now registering it, a smog certification is not required unless registration renewal fees are due, and a biennial smog certification is required in conjunction with the renewal.


Fees That May Be Due - The amount of money you will have to pay depends on a variety of factors. The types of fees that may be collected are:



  • Registration Fee
  • California Highway Patrol Fee
  • Vehicle License Fee
  •  Weight Fee
  • Commercial Vehicle Registration Act (CVRA) Motor Vehicle Fee
  • County Fees
  • Cargo Theft Interdiction Program (CTIP) Fee
  • Permanent Trailer Identification (PTI) Fee (most trailers)
  • Transfer Fee
  • Substitute Plate Fee
  • Use Tax


Service Fees

  • Salvage and Dismantled Vehicle Inspection Fee
  • Prior History Fee
  • Non-Resident Fee (if the vehicle was last registered out of state)


CHP Inspection Appointment Scheduling


Inspections will not be conducted without an appointment. Please call one of the offices listed below to set the appointment date and time. These addresses are for appointment scheduling and may not be the actual inspection

site. CHP Inspection Appointment Numbers


Northern Division

2485 Sonoma Street

Redding, CA 96001-3026

Phone: (530) 225-2120


Valley Division

11336 Trade Center Drive

Rancho Cordova, CA 95741-0640

Phone: (916) 464-2566


Golden Gate Division

1551 Benicia Road

Vallejo, CA 94951-7568

Phone: (510) 622-4611


Central Division

5179 N. Gates Avenue

Fresno, CA 93722-6414

Phone: (559) 488-4053


Coastal Division

4115 Broad Street

San Luis Obispo, CA 93401-7963

Phone: (805) 549-3006


Inland Division

847 E. Brier Drive

San Bernardino, CA 92408-2820

Phone: (909) 383-4018


Border Division

1722 East Main Street

El Cajon, CA 92021

Phone: (619) 401-2000


13200 Golden West Street

Westminster, CA 92683

Phone: (714) 892-4426


2335 Enrico Fermi Drive

San Diego, CA 92154

Phone: (858) 492-1745


Southern Division

Torrance Phone: (323) 644-9593

Monterey Park Phone: (323) 980-4600

Woodland Hills Phone: (818) 888-0980